28 Mar 2019: Open Data (Guest lecture)
I’m Ruben Verborgh, researcher and
professor of Semantic Web technology.
These slides do not only include the truth,
they also include my personal opinion.
Opinions are marked with the
- The Web was invented in 1990.
- Ted Nelson finds the Web rather limited.
- The Web is the best invention of the past 30 years.
Always know which is which.
- You are free to reproduce my opinion (with arguments),
- or state one of your own (with arguments).
This module uses open webslides.
You can discuss and edit anything.
The slides are online
and on GitHub
See a mistake?
Have a question or suggestion?
Know a nice example?
The more you participate,
the more you’ll learn.
Think along, speak up,
don’t hesitate to prove me wrong.
- I’m especially happy to discuss opinions.
Without further ado, let’s start
with an overview of the Web
(and the course).
Does the Web pique your curiosity?
Do you want to advance Web research?
We are always on the lookout
for bright master’s thesis students.
- Pick a Web or Linked Data topic… or make your own!
or come have a chat.
- Just inform yourself, without any commitment.
I wish you the best in your future endeavours,
on the Web or elsewhere!